Official Rules for USBG’s Express Your Cocktail Challenge
Official Rules for USBG’s Express Your Cocktail Challenge, Presented by Grey Goose®
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances Of Winning.
- Eligibility: The Challenge is open to legal residents of the United States who (a) live in the Atlanta, GA, Houston, TX or Washington, D.C. areas, (b) are at least twenty-five (25) years old as of the date of entry, and (c) work at least 30 hour per week at a bar at the time of entry. Individuals who are full- or part-time employees of United States Bartenders’ Guild (“USBG”), Bacardi U.S.A., Inc. (“BUSA”), or LimeGreen Moroch, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
- Entry Period: The Entry Period starts at on September 13, 2018 and ends at 11:59 PM EST on Monday November 5, 2018.
- Create Your Entry: To enter: (a) prepare an original cocktail recipe that meets the Recipe Requirements described below, (b) keeping your anonymity as well as your workplace, please tell us about your inspiration behind your creation, the importance of your Atlanta, GA, Houston, TX or Washington, D.C. neighborhood to your creativity, and why you should be chosen as a winner, and (c) take a photo of your cocktail. Your photo will be uploaded to an anonymous Application Gallery on the Challenge website, and will act as a guide in application judging, but will not factor into your overall score. All three of these elements combined will constitute your “Entry.”
- Recipe Requirements: Your recipe must meet the following requirements: (i) the recipe must be expressed in fluid ounces, divided in respectively whole numbers (0.5 oz., 1 oz., 2 oz., etc.), with dashes and/or drops being the smallest quantities; (ii) the recipe must be vodka-based and include Grey Goose® Vodka; (iii) the content of the cocktail must be between 3 oz. and 11 oz. (including dashes and drops); (iv) you may not use flaming alcohol or flames near alcohol; (v) ingredients must be safe for human consumption; and (vi) you must specify a name for your recipe (which cannot include any copyrighted or trademarked material or any retailer’s name).
- Photo Requirements: Your photo should be of your cocktail, and not including any people or branding. In addition, your photo may not: (i) be targeted to people under twenty-one (21) years old; (ii) encourage, condone, promote, or glamorize under-age, excessive, or irresponsible consumption of alcohol products, drunk driving, or any behavior considered to be anti-social, illegal, or immoral or suggest that the consumption of beverage alcohol will lead to social or sexual success; (iii) prominently feature any trademarks (other than Grey Goose® trademarks); (iv) violate anyone else’s rights, including their copyrights, trademark rights, publicity rights; or (v) contain any content that is otherwise inappropriate, as determined by USBG, in its sole discretion. In addition, your Entry must comply with the Code of Responsible Practices for Beverage Alcohol Advertising and Marketing of the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States, Inc.
- USBG reserves the right to reject any Entry that doesn’t comply with these Official Rules.
- Submit Your Entry: Visit www.expressyourcocktail.com, click on your participating city, complete the entry form, and follow the instructions to upload your photo. All Entries must be received during the Entry Period to be eligible. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person.
- Rights to Entries: You do not transfer ownership of your Entry by entering the Challenge. However, by entering, you grant USBG, BUSA, their agents, licensees, and assigns the (non-exclusive) right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use your entry as-is or as-edited (with or without using your name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you for five (5) years from the date you submitted the Entry.
- Judging: On or about November 6, 2018, a panel of judges selected by USBG, Causing a Stir (“CAS”) and BUSA will select up to four (4) winners based on the criteria described below. The odds of winning depend on the performance of each entrant.
- Cocktail creation: The use of common bar ingredients so the drink is easily reproducible; the use of common glassware including martini, highball, or Collins glass; and garnishes.
- Cocktail name: Be inspired by your neighborhood.
- Potential Winner Requirements: USBG will attempt to contact potential winners within three (3) days of selection. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability/publicity release, and an authorization to conduct a background check. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within five (5) days, the judges may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place according to the judging criteria. USBG and BUSA reserve the right (at any point and in their sole discretion) to disqualify any individual if, based on the results of the background check, USBG or BUSA conclude that the individual will not be a good representative for USBG or the Grey Goose® brand.
- Educational Prize: Four (4) winners in each city will each receive: (a) the opportunity to participate in a six-part Learning Series with a Grey Goose® Ambassador to take place in the winner’s city between January 7, 2019 and February 28, 2019; (b) an opportunity to participate in a professional photo/video shoot, including portrait images of the winner and their winning cocktail; and (c) a $1,000 Learning Series Stipend. The Learning Series will include sessions on topics including product knowledge, attitude, bar techniques, self-promotion, and media interview training. Additional details will be provided to the winners at the time of award. Photographs and videos from the photo/video shoot may be featured in point-of-sale and promotional materials. The approximate retail value of the prize is $1,000. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by USBG, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. USBG reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by USBG, in its sole discretion. The value of the prize will be treated as income to a winner, and the winner will be responsible for payment and reporting of all applicable taxes.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Challenge is impaired in any way, USBG may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Challenge to address the impairment and then resume the Challenge; or (b) award the prize according to the criteria set forth above from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. USBG reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Challenge, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. USBG’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to USBG by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by USBG. The Challenge is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void in Utah and where prohibited.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless USBG, Bacardi U.S.A., Inc., their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Challenge or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Challenge; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Challenge or the processing of entries; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Publicity: By participating in the Challenge, you agree that USBG, BUSA, CAS, and any media attending events related to the Challenge may use your name, likeness, voice, opinions, photographs, audio-visual footage, recipe, biographical information, state of residence, and/or any other record of your participation in the Challenge for promotional purposes in any press releases, advertisements, television, radio, film, documentary, internet, or in any other publication or media without further payment or consideration.
- Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Challenge or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Nevada. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of USBG in connection with the Challenge, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Nevada, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Nevada or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Nevada.
- Organizer: The Challenge is organized by United States Bartenders’ Guild, 2654 West Horizon Ridge Parkway, Suite B5 PMB 252 Henderson, NV 89052.
- Winner Information: Winners will be announced on washington.expressyourcocktail.com, houston.expressyourcocktail.com, atlanta.expressyourcocktail.com, and on www.usbg.org.