Guidelines for USBG’s Express Your Cocktail Challenge
Introducing the USBG’s Express Your Cocktail Challenge presented by Grey Goose®. The USBG wants to celebrate bartenders and the Chicago neighborhoods where they live and work by conducting a contest to identify bartenders that are looking to elevate their cocktail game. Four bartenders in the city of Chicago will be awarded $1,000 each, will participate in a professional photo shoot, and take part in a 6-part educational program where they will learn advanced bartender skills along with social media, PR, and interview skills training. If you are a Chicago bartender, all you have to do is to create a cocktail featuring Grey Goose Vodka and send us a photo of your drink with a brief description of how your creation is made and how it is inspired by your Chicago neighborhood. We will select 4 winners at the end of the contest.
Following is a summary of the key requirements. See the Official Rules for complete details.
Your recipe must meet the following requirements:
- the recipe must be expressed in fluid ounces, divided in respectively whole numbers (0.5 oz., 1 oz., 2 oz., etc.), with dashes and/or drops being the smallest quantities
- the recipe must be vodka-based and include GREY GOOSE® Vodka
- the content of the cocktail must be between 3 oz. and 11 oz. (including dashes and drops)
- you may not use flaming alcohol or flames near alcohol
- ingredients must be safe for human consumption
- you must specify a name for your recipe (which cannot include any copyrighted or trademarked material or any retailer’s name).
Tell us about your inspiration behind your creation, the importance of your Chicago neighborhood to your creativity, and why you should be chosen as a winner. Please do not mention the bar where you work or include any other personal information. See the Official Rules for complete details.
The photo must be of your cocktail, and it must not include any people or branding. See the Official Rules for complete details.
On or about April 6, 2018, a panel of judges selected by USBG and BUSA will review anonymous applications and select up to four winners based on the criteria described below.
- Cocktail creation: The use of common bar ingredients so the drink is easily reproducible; the use of common glassware including martini, highball, or Collins glass; and garnishes.
- Cocktail name: Be inspired by your neighborhood.
Four winners will each receive:
- the opportunity to participate in a six-part Learning Series with bartender Emile Challot to take place in Chicago between May 1 and July 31, 2018;
- an opportunity to participate in a professional photo/video shoot, including portrait images of the winner and their winning cocktail; and
- a $1,000 check.
In addition, photographs and videos from the shoot may be featured in point-of-sale and promotional materials. See the Official Rules for complete details.